Sunday, January 13, 2013

Aidan's Welcome to the World

This blog is far from being ready to receive guests....and yet here we are!  I figured what a perfect day to open up this blog, Aidan's Birthday!  Please stop back over the next few weeks, as I am working on making this blog fabulous.  :)  But like I said, today is my little man's birthday!  I always love to tell my kids their "welcome to the world" story.  Every Birthday, I pull out scrapbooks, picture books, and any special little memories.  We spend much of the day just looking over their past years, and dreaming about the future ones.  I love it as much as they do...it gives me the chance to remember them tiny, medium, and now a little bigger. 

Aidan's "welcome to the world" story was pretty amazing.  Of course like any new mama I had the ultimate birth plan.  My bags were packed for the hospital at 6 months.  I had a money bag so Tim could get food in hospital.  I planned out the delivery.  It was perfect, at least in my mind it was!  But like all good plans, I never got to use it. 

In all our new parent wisdom, we adopted a german shepherd puppy about 4 weeks before Aidan was due.  She was not a terribly tiny puppy.  Tim had just started working a new job, and was on midnights.  It was around 10 in the morning on a Tuesday.  There was a light dusting of snow on the ground.  I let the dog out on her tie lead.  She of course entangled herself in the bushes.  I went out to let her free.  She immediately pulled on the lead, and took me down flat on my belly!  I am in tears, trying to get this crazy dog inside, and yelling for Tim. (He was sound asleep.)  He came running not sure what had just happened.  I calmed down and told him I was probably fine, but I needed to go to doc just to be sure.  I drove to the doc, who sent me straight to the hospital for observation.  I had no hospital bag, no shower, no cute toe nail polish...this was so not the plan!  Once at the hospital, I was hooked up to all sorts of machines.  Tim came up to hospital to check in.  He stayed as long as he could, but his job being very new, he had to head into work.

All looked well with Aidan, and I was doing fine.  The docs felt I could be sent home in the morning.  Well Aidan had other ideas.  That night I started labor.  Now for most women, you start labor at home.  You do not get to the hospital until you are fairly far along.  This was not the case for me.  Laboring in a hospital from start to finish is very very long!  And to be really honest much of it I do not remember.  "Why" you may ask...well I was seriously out of it for most of the time.  They gave me an epidural to early which slowed everything down.  Then they gave me pitocin to spead everything up.  Then I had a reaction to pitocin, so they gave me benadryl.  Then I started throwing up so they gave me phenergan.  So by the time Aidan was ready to make his entrance, I was pretty much out cold.  All I remember is Tim and the nurses waking me up to have Aidan.  It was bizarre.  Thankfully, even with a doped up mama, Aidan was a healthy 8 lb. 4 oz.  boy born a week early. 

Although Aidan's welcome story was not how I would have written it, it is how God planned it.  He arrived just when he was supposed to!  And isn't that how it always is, we make the plans, we fret over the results...but in the end we just need to trust in the outcome.  Happy Birthday my sweet amazing boy!!!  You have rocked my world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment